Breakfast on the beach... Yes please! These 4 portable, scrumptious, and healthy breakfasts are perfect for the surfer girl on the go.
1. Breakfast Pita
You can make these a ton of different ways, but we love the combo of spicy, savory, hummus with creamy hard boiled egg, and crunchy veggies! Super portable and plenty of protein, iron, and healthy carbs.
- Sliced Crisp Veggies like Cucumber, Tomato, Bell Peppers, Jicama, Carrot
- Sliced Hard Boiled Egg
- Spicy Hummus
- Whole Wheat Pita
- Open the pita and spread with hummus. Add sliced egg and veggies. Enjoy!
2. Overnight Chocolate Chia Pudding
Chia seeds are one of the most nutrient packed foods on the planet! Get an energy boost, strengthen your bones, and build lean muscle. This recipe makes 4 decadent and nutrient packed puddings. Portion into mini mason jars and pop in your surf bag with a spoon before you head out for the day.
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Milk
- 1/3 cup Chia Seeds
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2-5 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Add all ingredients except sweetener to a mixing bowl and whisk vigorously to combine. Sweeten to taste with maple syrup.
- Let rest covered in the fridge overnight or at least 3-5 hours (or until it's achieved a pudding-like consistency).
Recipe from The Minimalist Baker
3. Almond Apple Sandwiches
Make these original sandwiches for a quick healthy beach breakfast. Almond butter is nutritionally super similar to peanut butter but with more calcium and fiber.
- 1 Large Crisp Apple - cored and sliced crossways
- 2 TBSP Almond Butter
- A Handful of Your Fave Granola
- Divide apple slices into two even piles. Spread almond butter on half and sprinkle granola over the top. Sandwich with the rest of the apple slices. Yummy!
4. Egg Muffins
So, you have to have eggs for breakfast. We get it! And, we've got you covered. The best part is you can make as many of these as you have eggs. And if you have a non stick pan you don't even have to use muffin liners. These are really yummy at 'room temp' - beach temp! - so don't worry about them getting cold.
This recipe is per muffin. Multiply by however many you want to make. Super fun to mix up flavors! 1 egg = 1 muffin
- 1 Egg
- 1 TSP of Milk
- About 2 TBSP of Small Chopped Veggies , like Spinach, Tomato, Bell Pepper
- 1 TBSP Shredded Cheese, optional
- Hot Sauce, optional
- Pinch of Salt
- Spray muffin tin with non stick spray or line with paper or silicone liners if you prefer. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Crack eggs into a bowl, add milk, hot sauce, and salt. Whip well with a fork. Pour in to muffin cups.
- Top with veggies and cheese. Bake for 18-20 minutes until egg is set.
- Let rest 1 min before scooping out of pan.
- Try not to eat them all right away!
Remember, breakfast is the most important meal of the day especially when you spend your days in the ocean so avoid butter and jam and focus on nutrient-rich & protein-packed options that will meet your energy needs.
Ready to hit the surf? Make sure you've got the perfect surf bikini to perform at your best.
See you Girls in the surf yew!
Sending Good Vibes always,
The KALOEA Team